Easy Wonton Soup
This light and healthy wonton soup is easy to make for everyone in the family. Wonton stuffing can be made of minced prawn and pork or just minced prawns.
Making wonton is rather easy and you can store them in the fridge if you want to use in a few days time or simply freeze it. You alternatively can buy a frozen ready to go from Asian food stores.
As there is a large Chinese community existing in Thailand, this soup recipe can be seen anywhere from street noodle carts to a high end restaurants.
You may combine this soup recipe with egg noodle by simply boil the thin egg noodle.
I recommend other Thai dishes that will make a good Thai set menu are Stir Fried Chicken with Cashew nuts
Preparation: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Spicy Level: none
Garlic finely chopped 1 tsp
Minced prawns 350 g g
Chicken stock 3 cups
Spring onion finely chopped 2 stems
Bak Choi 1 inch cut 2 stalks
Wonton wrappers 12 pieces
Corn flour 1 tbsp
Coriander roots coarsely smashed 2 stems
Onion finely chopped 3 tbsp
White egg for gluing 1 egg
Light soy sauce 2 tbsp
Salt 1 tsp
White pepper powder 1 tsp
Let's get started!
How to make:
Step 1 – Marinate
- Marinate minced prawn with garlic, onion, rice flour, spring onion and season with light soy sauce, salt and white pepper.
- Knead the mixture until thoroughly combined.
- Leave it to marinate at least 15 -20 minutes.
Step 2 – Filling the wonton
- Place a wonton wrapper on your palm, and place a full teaspoon of filling in the middle of a wrapper.
- Hold each end upward and tightly and seal the edges with white egg.
- Continue with the rest of wonton wrappers.
Step 3 – Making Soup
- Bring chicken stock to boil over medium heat.
- Then add wontons until cooked through.
- Then bak choi.
- Season with salt.
- Remove from the heat.
- Spring over chopped spring onion and coriander when serve.
Return from Wonton Soup to Thai Soup Recipes
Return to Thai Recipes Today Home Page