Easy Stir-fried Baby Corn Recipe
This baby corn recipe is quick and easy to make. Simply, toss baby corn known as "Kowpod-on", oyster mushroom known as "Hed Nang Fa" with minced garlic in a hot flame wok, sprinkle some spring onion and season with oyster sauce. This dish is truly healthy and is an ideal dish for everyone includes vegetarians.
Baby corn is often used in Thai cooking especially. Kowpod-on has many good sources of nutrition such as folate, vitamin B and C, and potassium. The fresh one needs to be refrigerated immediately for its natural crunchy and sweetness.
Stir-fried Baby Corn with Oyster Sauce
kowpod-on kab nam-man hoi
Preparation: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Garlic finely minced 1 or 2 cloves
Baby corn diagonally sliced 2 cups
Oyster mushroom washed and torn halve 1 cup (optional)
Spring onion ½ cup
Corn flour ½ tsp
Water ¼ cup
Vegetable oil 2 tbsp
Oyster sauce 1 tbsp (for vegetarians use vegetarian oyster sauce)
Let's get started!
How to make:
Step 1: Wok stir fry
- Heat oil in a wok on medium to high heat.
- Fry garlic for 1-2 minutes, then add baby corn. Stir fry for 2-3 minutes.
- Add mushroom and dissolve corn flour in ¼ cup of water or more water if needed. Pour over the vegetables and quickly stir.
- Season with oyster sauce.
- Remove from the heat. Serve with steamed jasmine rice.
Return from Stir-fried Baby Corn Recipe to Thai Vegetable Recipes